1. Athletes must stay on designated route. The designated route will be marked with pink surveyors ribbon, flour arrows, and black arrows on yellow signs on stakes/posts.
2. Athletes may only receive aid at designated aid stations. Yes, you can fill up your water bottles at creeks and other water sources but you should always treat your water as we cannot guarantee it will be safe to drink. Aid station water is provided by Old Victoria Water Company.
3. No littering at all. Any malicious littering will get you disqualified. This isn’t a road race so please respect the trails and parks we run in.
4. Athletes and crews must yield to emergency vehicles at all times. Athletes must yield to vehicles on the roadway at all times. All roadways are open to vehicle traffic.
5. Dogs are NOT allowed to run with participants. Dogs can be at the event, but must be on leash at all times.
6. No smoking allowed. This is an athletic event and we want to keep it healthy. Not to mention we don’t want cigarette butts starting any fires.
7. Want to listen to music? One ear bud in only please! You can run the race with music but you can only have one ear bud in at all times. This is for your safety!
8. No being a jerk. Being rude to race staff, volunteers, and/or Park Staff can get you disqualified from a race and future races!
9. No swapping bibs or cheating. If you are caught running on someone else’s bib or cutting the course you will be disqualified and risk being banned from future Vancouver Island Trail Running Series races. This includes the use of Performance Enhancing Drugs!
10. The Race Director has final say in all matters and any issues that arise that are not outlined are to be resolved by the Race Director. The Race Director may need to make up or change a rule on the spot for any reason.
More questions? Please ask!