Please read carefully as there is some pretty nifty and important stuff in here.
1. Athletes must run in 3 of 6 races to be eligible for series prizing. Those 3 races must be in one of the distance categories. (ie. you must run 3 or more races in either in the short or long course in order to be considered for series prizing. If you run 3 short course and 3 long course, you are eligible for prizing in both distances)
2. Athletes must be in attendance at the Cobble Hill race to claim series prizes. If not able, will roll down the prizes to the 2nd place up to the 5th place athlete.
3. Athletes who did not register for a season pass are still eligible for series prizes.
4. Mt. Washington is worth double points!
5. Series points are awarded from 1st to 10th place in each 10 year age group.
6. The 3 people with the most points in each 10 year age group will win some sweet series prizes from our sponsors. The more you race, the more points you earn!
This stuff is pretty important too.
1. Athletes must stay on designated route. The designated route will be marked with pink surveyors ribbon, flour arrows, and black arrows on yellow signs on stakes/posts.
2. Athletes may only receive aid at designated aid stations. Yes, you can fill up your water bottles at creeks and other water sources but you should always treat your water as we cannot guarantee it will be safe to drink. Aid station water is provided by Old Victoria Water Company.
3. No littering at all. Any malicious littering will get you disqualified. This isn’t a road race so please respect the trails and parks we run in.
4. Athletes and crews must yield to emergency vehicles at all times. Athletes must yield to vehicles on the roadway at all times. All roadways are open to vehicle traffic.
5. Dogs are NOT allowed to run with participants. Dogs can be at the event, but must be on leash at all times.
6. No smoking allowed. This is an athletic event and we want to keep it healthy. Not to mention we don’t want cigarette butts starting any fires.
7. Want to listen to music? One ear bud in only please! You can run the race with music but you can only have one ear bud in at all times. This is for your safety!
8. No being a jerk. Being rude to race staff, volunteers, and/or Park Staff can get you disqualified from a race and future races!
9. No swapping bibs or cheating. If you are caught running on someone else’s bib or cutting the course you will be disqualified and risk being banned from future Vancouver Island Trail Running Series races. This includes the use of Performance Enhancing Drugs!
10. The Race Director has final say in all matters and any issues that arise that are not outlined are to be resolved by the Race Director. The Race Director may need to make up or change a rule on the spot for any reason.